Our first official club event for semester 2 is the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING.
Date: 5th August , the Friday in week 2.
Location: Arts Centre Room 108
This is the time and location of our regular Friday meetings with the exception of catering FREE PIZZA, FREE DRINKS AND FREE LOLLIES. The aim of the AGM is to update members of the club statuses but most importantly it is the place and time for the club to elect new committee members!
Our election process is democratic. You can nominate yourself or other people for a particular position. If there is more than one nomination for a particular position, then the remaining member will vote. The entire process is very friendly and more informal than you would think. Enthusiasm is the only prerequisite you need :D
There are 6 positions are up grabs:
1. President: Sets and achieves the objectives of the club. They are required to chair meetings, and be enthusiastic about running the club.
2. Treasurer: Manages the club finances. This includes collecting membership fees, keeping records up to date, approving expenditure of funds and applying for funding through Clubs and Societies.
3. Secretary: Operational aspect of the club. The secretary should have ongoing knowledge of club events and fill in the appropriate form for upcoming events. Emails and taking minutes are also part of a secretary's job.
4. General Committee Representative: General role in club's operations, and does a bit of everything. Every club needs a good helping hand.
5. Publicity Officer: Promotes the club on campus and to the general public. Manages our website and acts as a representative of the club to the Go community.
6. Tournament Organiser: Help organises tournaments and other events, such as beginners' night and games night.
We will teach and help the new committee with everything you need to run the club efficiently and effectively. Being a committee member is not time consuming, you only need to be committed and enthusiastic about running the club to do a good job. The roles are fun, help expands one’s network as well as being a fantastic addition to one’s resume.
If you are interested in finding more about the role each position plays in the club please email the club. Or if you are interested in nominating yourself or someone else, email.
The university requires that at least 30 members must attend the AGM for the club to continue running. Therefore I implore all members to attend this meeting even if it is the only club meeting you attend all semester. Remember we will have free food and drinks and games there to entertain you :D
Will see everyone soon